Friday, April 10, 2009

Back So Soon?

I know two new posts within 12 hours! I'm just as shocked as you. But I got an unexpected day off and am procrastinating, not wanting to clean the bathroom or do the dishes or anything else constructive at the moment.

This is Easter weekend and I am reminded again how great is our GOD. I have and always had trouble witnessing to others because I'm always scared I won't say the right thing or will fumble over the words or won't know the verses, or any other number of things that keeps me from doing it. I find it fairly easy to witness through my actions daily, just not my words. Please pray for me to conquer my fears. Even here it is hard for me.

Speaking of Easter weekend I was really looking forward to going to Charlotte to see my parents and sister but Stephen told our neighbors we would feed their dog so they could go camping at the beach (I think) today and tomorrow. I guess I probably should have told Stephen that I really wanted to see my family this weekend. Plus, my neighbor did kinda put him on the spot. Stephen was grilling hot dogs Wednesday night when he came up on our deck and asked him. Nothing wrong with that but Stephen didn't ask me.

Also, Stephen said earlier this week Tommy Bobo came by while he was at work and wanted to check on us since we hadn't made it to Sunday School in a month, and Stephen told him we would be there this Sunday. To be totally honest, I don't really know why we have skipped church for so long. We went to Charlotte one weekend about a month ago and since then we have just been too lazy to get up and go on Sunday mornings. We had this problem too when we first started dating and we were both up in Raleigh in college and then again when we were married and didn't have a church home yet. We thought that after joining our church back in June (finally, after looking for a little over two years) we would start going and it would become habit for us again, as it was when we were both living at home with our parents. So, please pray for us to go to church this Sunday and keep going week after week after week.

In other news, my second cousin posted an update on her twins. If you have some time you should read Ian's story. He was born with Tetralogy of Fallot, a heart condition diagnosed in utero and he is now completely healed, after is repair surgery on February 13th. He is off all meds and he and his twin sister Bonner are doing great! I can't believe how big they are getting, and they share their birthday with my big brother, July 22.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/bloodworthbabies

No comments:

Post a Comment