Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Bright White Microwave, Shiny Red Toenails, Babies and Coupons

I thought about it this morning and decided this post deserved a new improved title (instead of So Far This Week...) so there you go!

It's about time for an update! This weekend my brother-in-law was in town and he and Stephen and their dad installed our new over-the-range microwave for us. This is wonderful because we have limited counterspace as it is and for the past three years almost (year and a half in the apartment + year and a half in our house) there has been a very large microwave taking up a lot of it. This Saturday I also spent some money my mom sent me 'cause she loves me and got myself a much needed pedicure. I love sitting there and getting pampered and then at the end my feet and toes looks so pretty! I almost fell asleep this time I was soo relaxed. Pictures to come of my new microwave, free counterspace, and pretty toes.

We have lots of new things happening at work! I work in an infant classroom full time. We have two babies walking; B is 12 months old and N is almost 11 and they are both doing really well! Three of the others are taking steps but not walking; M is 14 months, L is 13 and P is 11. And we have a new baby crawling this week; A is 8 months old, and two sitting up really well last week and this week especially; H and F are both 7 months old. Yay for peer pressure in the infant room, especially if it gets those gross motor skills improving. However, it also influences them to push the infant swings across the room/turn the swings on, move the cribs around (they are evacuation cribs so they are on wheels), and climb on the table (we have a low table where they are fed).

Please say a little prayer for the babies that they finally get over these colds and things that are causing ear infections! We just had three diagnosed today and one yesterday, plus little C (6 months) has either had fluid or an ear infection since December! Ear infections make for some pretty unhappy babies!

This weekend we also had a really nice lunch Sunday with his parents, aunt and uncle, and brother-in-law and his girlfriend.

I saved $38.96 on groceries this week by shopping the specials and using coupons available online and in All You magazine. Probably more than that if you count the store specials not listed on the bottom of the receipt (Wal Mart doesn't list them but Lowes Foods does) and five more dollars after the single check rebate from Rite Aid. I also saved money by buying a baby gift and a couple of other things at Big Lots for a lot less than what I would have paid even at BJ's and Wal Mart (where the baby gift originally came from). This makes me so happy and it means that Stephen and I can do more fun things with our money we save! If you are not using coupons and shopping the store specials start now; you can't afford not to! http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ is a great source! I have others too, maybe I'll do an entry on saving money one of these days.

I think that's about it for now. If not this gets really long!

No comments:

Post a Comment